Join as a Pension Member
With low fees, competitive long-term performance and profit to members, it’s worth considering an AustSafe Super Pension for your retirement.
We offer two types of Pension accounts:
Key reasons to join
- Low fees1 - we generally charge lower fees than many other funds, helping you have more when you retire.
- History of strong long-term performance2 - the Balanced Investment Option has had an average return of 7.80% p.a. since inception (July 2002) to 30 June 2015.
- A range of investment options – choose how your pension is invested from our nine investment options.
- Access to education – retirement seminars, general advice and comprehensive financial planning advice.
- Online account access - make the most from your pension anywhere, anytime with our secure facility, PensionOnline.
Opening an account
1. Check you're eligible
To be eligible to open an AustSafe Super Pension account, you must have:
- A minimum of $50,000 to invest
- Reached your preservation age, and
- Permanently retired from the workforce.
If you’re still working and have met the first two requirements above, you can open a Transition to Retirement Pension.
2. Read the important documents
Before opening a Transition to Retirement or Pension account, you're required to read and understand the Pension PDS.
3. Combine your super accounts
You can't add more money to your TTR Pension or Pension account once your regular payments from the account have started. So it's often best to combine all your super and any lump sum contributions before opening an AustSafe Super Pension. You can use the Online Rollover Tool available from your MemberOnline account.
4. Make some decisions
You will be asked to make some decisions on:
- Your pension payment amount
- Frequency of payments
- Nominating a beneficiary, and
- Your investment choice.
5. Complete the form
Complete the form at the back of the Pension PDS and send it back to: GPO Box 3113, Brisbane QLD 4001
1SuperRatings Fundamentals Assessment – Fee Comparison result less than average – 30 April 2017.
2SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey – Balanced (60-76) Index result above median on rolling 10 year return for AustSafe Super – MySuper (Balanced) – 31 May 2017.